Friday, August 1, 2008

94 years is a pretty good run.

Well yesterday afternoon my Grandpa got to go home to the Lord and his Elizabeth who he's been without for the last 16 years. It was difficult yesterday seeing my extended family in large part greatly troubled by his death. One particular family, the one that does not have a firm foundation in the Lord, took it the worst... even my cousins were fairly beside themselves in grief. They simply aren't looking at this from Grandpa's perspective. He can see again; he can hear again; he can walk again unaided; and by far and most importantly he is in the presence of the Lord who gave his life for him and saved him. The whimsical side of me also believes that he's sitting up there holding Grandma's hand. I'm sure our earthly relationships are not the same up there, but it is a nice thought that after the Lord, she was the second person to greet him.

My mom also had a very rough time, but I chalk that up to a girl losing her dad. She knows the Lord and understands (as well as any of us can I suppose) the infinately better state her dad is in now. Anyway... I don't feel as much loss as I do relief for him. Maybe at the funeral I will feel the loss a bit more. Well that is all I have time to say for now. I've got to be on the bike and riding in 10 minutes.

4 comments:

The Unabashed Blogger said...

When my grandmother passed I felt the same thing. We share in the sufferings, why should we not share in the glorious moments too? We'll be praying that God uses you and your family in a bold way and that your grandfathers legacy will affect those he left behind.

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord your grandpa knew the Lord. We will pray in like manner as the unabashed blogger.

Ben said...

Hey, sorry for your family...happy for your grandpa.

SQLFunkateer said...

"And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!"