Wednesday, February 6, 2008

3 days to go

Well here I am on my last humpday at Medical Plaza building 1. Driving in was fun with all the snow and ice. People are, generally speaking, idiots. You should know if your car can handle ice/snow. Now granted my car can make it over about anything but a solid smooth sheet of ice, so if it is a case of hitting that one smooth spot I can forgive a car getting stuck. BUT I am seeing these big rear wheel drive sedans 1/3 or less of the way up a hill as if the driver has EVER gotten their car up an icey hill. I mean are they from Florida and this is their first snow storm? I used to own a big Oldsmobile cutlass and I knew that if there was snow on the ground in almost any form, an incline greater than say 3 degrees was pretty much out of the question even with good snow tires and sand bags in the trunk. So guess what I did when it snowed. I DIDN'T TRY TO DRIVE THE OLDSMOBILE TO WORK!!

Yeah yeah I know, some people feel they have no choice... one car... gotta feed the kids... whatever. That doesn't stop me from fruitlessly yelling and/or mocking them as I wait at the bottom of the hill for them to come back down with their tail between their legs and get out of the way so I can get to work.

1 comment:

SQLFunkateer said...

I work 2 minutes from my house, so if it gets so bad I can't get EITHER vehicle out of the driveway, its snowshoe time. I used to have a Siberian husky, maybe I should get another one or two and a sled.

MUSH!