Saturday, January 10, 2009

11 miles and 10 frozen toes later...

I've come to the conclusion that a pair of well insulated boots is a must. My winter cycling gear aside from the boots I used today is perfect though. I wasn't too cold or too hot from the ankles up and it is 25 degrees with a 14 degree wind chill (when you're not moving). If I get the boots figured out I bet this outfit would work down to about 15 degrees if it isn't very windy. Today most of the gusty wind was from the NW and as I was going NE then SW it made for a nice fun cross wind the entire trip. I would have gone 16 miles if it weren't for the feet. So that is 11 miles down, 2289 to go!

1 comment:

The Angry Coder said...

I was goig to say, you should post some type of "How far I've cycled" odometer, but then I noticed The Clog. Hmmm...