Wednesday, May 7, 2008

What a difference a day (and a powerbar) makes...

I jumped up to 11 miles this morning! I am still toast , but not the scored carbon kind of toast; I'm more of a light to mid-dark toast. I won't have to scrape myself with a butter knife for instance. Now that is likely a good example of how to take metaphor too far.

So anyway my big question is: Was I just having an off day yesterday or did the powerbar really make that big of a difference? If time were not a constraint I could have gone another couple miles today I think. I have to conclude that it was the powerbar because yesterday I just went out with a bottle of water and whatever carbs I ate the night before. As a thank you to the powerbar people... here is my free advertisment:


Powerbar Harvest! Wholegrain goodness, providing energy for the short run and nutrition for the long run. Available at Hy-Vee, Wal-Mart, Price Chopper, Henhouse and try our new variety pack at Sam's Club!


**These are actually a good deal if you get the 24 pack. The bars come out to about $.80 per bar which is a bit cheaper than Clif bars (and these are just as tasty).

1 comment: